I have realized that not only your body and your family life change when you become a mother, so do your friends. I had friends that did not understand what becoming a mother meant. It meant no time for parties, no time to hang out, and no time to chat on the phone for hours or even minutes. I lost a lot of friends when I became a mom, and a lot of friends became just acquaintances, or Facebook only friends. Life happens. When it first happened, I was upset but then I realized I gained so much more. I gained other friendships. I'm probably what you call an introvert. I grew up being shy and I just don't meet people randomly, so new friendships were hard to build. I believe that having mommy friends is crucial to surviving motherhood. I've even seen moms post on Facebook groups desperate for mommy friends because without that support you can literally go crazy. There are so many groups and outlets where you can find these friends. I prefer to have a few but ones I trust. Here are my reasons why these friends are a must!
TOP 10 REASONS TO HAVE A MOMMY FRIEND:
1. They understand when you can't pick up the phone or if you can only talk after you put the kids to bed. Talking with a toddler is impossible. You know it. I've tried it. Such a fail.
2. Wine & chocolate nights & Spa days!
3. You can talk to them about poop and they can relate
4. You can literally ask them for advice about anything, kid or mommy related
5. Sharing birth stories
6. Random late night target runs are the best! You don't have to buy anything but just walking and talking for hours is so much fun!
7. Kids play. Moms talk. Double win!
8. Working out together!
9. You can have them over at anytime and they will understand the toys all over the floor part.
10. Always supportive & always encouraging.