WHAT I LEARNED FROM MY SOCIAL MEDIA DETOX:
1. I had more time to be present and focus
2. I had more energy, less headaches
3. More time to read books. When was the last time you read a good novel? In this crazy mommy life I barely have a chance to eat dinner at a normal time, so reading is sometimes out of the question. Instead of grabbing my phone, I would grab a book instead.
4. More time for projects
5. Healthier. I was able to loose weight from being off of social media. I used that time to workout and not look at pictures of food that filled my newsfeed.
6. Happier. Its true that social media can be more depressing. Everyone posts happy pictures all the time which can lead to a misconception of everyone leading a happy life.
DO: Get out and be ACTIVE, cook HEALTHY dishes, don't look at social media before sleep (GRAB A BOOK instead), find YOUR OWN HAPPINESS (instead of looking at everyone else's), and let go of YOUR PHONE (it won't go anywhere, but life will).
DON'T: Fill your newsfeed with FOOD, sit on your social media instead of EXERCISING, be ALWAYS on your phone