Today is Blue Monday. I wanted to write about it to bring awareness. It is supposedly the most depressing day of the year. Many get these feelings of depression because of the holidays being over, credit card debt is high due to holiday purchases, New Year's resolutions failed already, and just the sense of loneliness. Specifically this year is said to be the worst due to the politics and so many celebrities passing away. Reach out to a friend who you may think is depressed or reach out for help if you are feeling depressed.
Here are some tips:*
1. Surround yourself with family and friends. Call or hang out with someone who you are close to.
2. Exercise. Go for a walk, run. or to the gym. Exercising helps release endorphins and makes you feel happier, relieving some of that built up stress.
3. Write. Writing helps acknowledge your feelings and work through them. Sometimes it feels good just to write your thoughts out.
4. Plan ahead. Plan fun activities or future getaways. This will have you look forward to something in the future and get you excited about it.
5. Pick a fun hobby. Get a hobby. It will allow you to do something fun and make time for yourself.
*If there is someone you know who is experiencing depression or if you are yourself then always refer to a doctor for medical advise.