Instant Pot is honestly my best cooking friend! I don't cook without it! It saves so much time and helps my family and I cook healthy! We have seriously stopped eating out so much (Yay down 5 more pounds!) Check it out!
I love making stuffed peppers because the house fills with warm, delicious smells. Perfect for fall! I love everything pumpkin so I included my favorite pumpkin sauce in the blend. If you don't then make more of my "secret sauce" and add that in.
1. I first threw in the ground turkey to cook on a pan with oil (I use avocado oil). Add half a teaspoon of salt, turmeric, basil, and pepper. Mix.
2. Add half a cup of the Sesame Teriyaki sauce. Mix the meat while its frying.
3. Meanwhile wash the peppers and cut of the tops. Wash the inside and the tops to get all the seeds out. Save the tops.
4. Wash kale and add a handful to the bottom of each pepper.
5. Cook the barley. For 10 minute barley boil the water and add it in. Cooks 10 minutes.
5. Make my secret sauce which is actually super simple. Cut up tomatoes into tiny pieces and throw them onto a pan with oil. Add 3 tablespoons of ketchup. Add half a teaspoon of salt and Trader Joes Everything Spice Mix. Let cook for 10 minutes.
6. Once the meat is cooked (20 minutes) add it into the peppers. Top off with a little bit of kale. Add into the instant pot.
7. Add water to slightly cover the peppers and add in your sauce as well as half a jar of pumpkin sauce. Mix.
8. Add bay leave and a teaspoon of salt and pepper to the liquid.
9. Cover the instant pot and use Manual for 3 minutes.
10. Quick Release when it's done and serve.
Hi my name is Kseniya Gershberg and I am a busy mom of a 3 year old boy. My goal has always been to create fast, nutritious, and delicious meals for my family. I come from a family who loves to cook and I wanted to make sure I kept the tradition going when I started my own family.