For my Grandma's famous tomato sauce:
1. Wash and boil the bell peppers for 10 minutes. Let cool off on the side.
2. Marinate the ground turkey with turmeric,sea salt, teriyaki sauce, and ground pepper. Let sit in the fridge for 15 minutes.
3. Cook the ground turkey on coconut oil until it browns (about 20 minutes)
4. On a separate pan fry mushrooms and add in cauliflower.
5. Add water to the pan, cover it, and let it simmer.
6. Cook quinoa (as on the instructions on the bag. Usually rinse, strain, and boil)
7. Make your homemade tomato sauce. See below for the recipe.
8. Mix the quinoa, cauliflower, mushrooms, and ground turkey into a bowl and mix. Add two tablespoons of the tomato sauce and mix everything.
9. Cut open the bell peppers by cutting the tops off and clean out the seeds.
10. Stuff them with the mix and close with the tops.
11. Add into a pot the left over tomato sauce, 1 cup of water, and boil.
12. Add bay leave.
13. Then add the stuffed peppers to that mix and boil for 15 minutes.
Homemade tomato sauce:
1. Use tomato paste, shredded carrots, diced onions, ketchup, and 1 cup of water.
2. Add two tablespoons of sugar.
3. Sauté for 15-20 minutes on a pan using coconut oil.
Hi my name is Kseniya Gershberg and I am a busy mom of a 3 year old boy. My goal has always been to create fast, nutritious, and delicious meals for my family. I come from a family who loves to cook and I wanted to make sure I kept the tradition going when I started my own family.