Are you on a weight loss journey? Here are my tips on how to get started:
1. WAKE UP TO A SMOOTHIE. It's true when they say start your morning right. Start it with a smoothie. It's not only good for you but also for your kids. Make sure to add veggies in for nutritious yet delicious smoothies! Check out my smoothie recipes in Lala's Kitchen.
2. GET OUTSIDE & EXERCISE. Even if it's for 15 minutes. Get out of the house and go for a walk. Try to exercise 15-30 minutes and see how much change will happen. You will feel happier. If you can't make it outside there are a lot of you tube videos with work out regimes (always check with your doctor of course and take it slow if you're just starting).
3. DON'T BUY CARB-LOADED FOODS. In one month my husband and I lost about 10 pounds each. Most of it had to do with what we ate. We stopped buying pastas, rice, or anything processed for ourselves and our shopping list included only veggies, fruits, fish, and meats (chicken mostly).
4. KEEP BUSY & MAINTAIN A SOCIAL LIFE. People are social for a reason. We need a village to raise our kids and its harder to complain to a wall that won't answer. Moms need each other for support. Even if its a phone call or a coffee date with your favorite mommy friends, life just feels a little bit happier after.
5. SAY NO TO EATING OUT. Just do it and see how much better you will feel. First of all you don't know specifically what is in your food and how it's made. What oil do they use to cook the food in? How long do they fry it for? Is it organic? You don't know any of these questions, unless you ask the waiter which usually is unreasonable unless your in Portlandia. It doesn't mean to say "no" completely but limit eating out as much as you can.
by Kseniya Gershberg